Old 03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
zuhayr-123 zuhayr-123 is offline
Registered User

Location: berkshire
Smile help for some plants and ID

hi all.
ive posted here afew times now every time i have a question and iv'e always got answers so im hoping this time will be the same.

first off... can anyone name me this plant (attached) ? my grandma has had it since i was just 1 or 2, we had two of these one outside and one inside but we left the outside one there when we moved houses. for some reason since we moved into this house the leaves are starting to turn yellow when they where a solid green before and id appreciate a name of this so that i can gather some information on its habits, living conditions and prefered soil type.

second. i have a small pine tree (7ft or so) and it in a large pot (atleast 4ft high) i just want to ask, how much taller will it grow if i keep it in the pot because it seems to have slowed down in growing, or was that purely due to the winter ? and if i wanted to re'compost it when i do everything else, is there any specefic kind of compost to use ?

and lastly....when i was again 1 or 2 ish my mother worked in a garden centre.
up untill now there seems to be one flower that she still has in her mind which she nick-named the 'dragon flower'. she named it this because she said that the flower opens like a dragons mouth and that it had to held by the neck of the plant which also made its 'mouth' open. she said it was in many colours when i asked her, mostly blues and purples and pinks but she cant remember its original name. IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE ID THIS PLANT FOR ME THAT'L BE GREAT. id love to have this in my garden because my mum still wants it and still thinks of it.

I WOULD BE GREATFULL IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME OUT HERE BY ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS.
thanks all in advance !!