Old 24-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Jonathan Phua

Default Source for Paraphalaenopsis

Hi,
My laycockii is in a clay pot with a hole at the base, go to
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/jpzy87 , look under orchids.

Jonathan
"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
. ..
Gene,

You could easily grow them in a compot pointing up for the first 6 months.
I have then taken clay pots and split them in half top to bottom and tied
the plants to the interior portion (of the pot) for the roots to attach to
the clay surface. I have tied some lava rocks in the pot also as you can
see in this picture. The leaves are pointed downward in the pots.

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...l_labu_pot.jpg

For deflasking read:
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f.../qanda.html#Q8

Out of flask the denevei will take 4 years to bloom... the other three

could
produce flowers in three years.

Mick
www.OrchidFlask.com

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Mick,

How long would you expect to grow a blooming sized plant from flask?

The
labukensis I have has over 4 feet long leaves!

How would you unflask a paraphal? Since they hang down I am trying to
picture them as a small plant in a compot.

Gene