Old 04-01-2013, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Final comment on an act of spite against Baz.

On 04/01/2013 12:56, Janet wrote:
In ,
says...

Good idea. Even better would be honey, if you've got it.

Would there be any risk of of passing on bee diseases? Not all honeys
have been heated.

Janet

Nor are they when bees make them.
I have read that honey contains antibodies which protect bees when they
subsequently eat it. When we 'steal' their supply, we're also stealing
that protection, as well as a valuable food supply. It is only my
(probably unpopular) opinion, but I think that whilst bees are going
through this serious crisis (of varoa mites and colony collapse), we
should stop harvesting their honey - or at least ration what we take -
until they fully recover.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London