Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Recommendations for seed potatoes?

Spider wrote:
We did Charlottes for the first time this year, and didn't get time to
dig them up before the weather turned, so we dug them when the weather
went warm again in December. They were /huge/ (for Charlottes). And
very very tasty. I may have to try growing them as maincrop instead of
salad potatoes again.

Oooh! Now that *is* interesting, Vicky. I'll have to buy some for a
taste test (in the knowledge that home grown should be better), and
nudge them up my list. How did they cook for you as large potatoes;
what cooking methods did you try?

Hmm, now you're asking. I suspect I probably aimed at making boiled potato
but ended up making mash, as that is what always* happens. I may have
micro-baked one or two for Daniel, and I /may/ have tried roasting some,
but my roast potatoes are always rubbish, regardless of what potatoes I
use.

They tasted nice, though.