Old 24-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Gordon Couger

Default German GM wheat trials approved but site sabotaged

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:46:11 GMT, "David Kendra"
wrote:

I would suspect that the Syngenta wheat did not contain RR technology.

It
was a plant health/food safety trait.

Hello David, long time no see. Of course you are right,
it is a Fusarium resistance trait.

Jim Webster and Gordon Couger has just managed to show that
they do not know what they f... they are talking about.

If they had interest in GM wheat they would've known that
Syngenta does not haven anything to whatsoever with RR wheat.
Indeed if they had done the bare minimum, to bother reading
the mail that initiated the thread they would have known this
is not about RR wheat.

You may not believe it but I have missed you.

You have been doing pretty good by yourself.

I have no idea what the Syngenta wheat is but they all do cross license the
technology. If you think about it they have to make it work. They all hang
together or they hang separately. If they don't cooperate no one will
realize the full benefits of their work. Cotton already has 2 GM traits and
Monsanto licenses them to all cotton breeders. If someone else comes up with
something the works in cotton to sell it has to fit in with all the rest.

The window for spring planted wheat is pretty short compared to winter wheat
so if they just sow it with wheat and wait until it was to late to replant
it would have the desired effect. I don't know the climate there but we
plant spring oats in the middle of February. The weather there is kinder to
wheat then hear but I expect it is getting late there as well.

Gordon