Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Recommendations for seed potatoes?

On 05/01/2013 18:23, kay wrote:

'Spider[_3_ Wrote:
;975873']On 04/01/2013 09:17, Martin wrote:-

We had a late crop of Sarpo Mira, also without blight.-

I've read about the Sarpo types in the catalogues. They get good
ratings for blight resistance, but no remarks about flavour. How did
you find them?

the last two years I've grown Sarpo Mira for their slug resistance. They
are very floury, but good with lots of butter.

Persumably that flouriness makes them good bakers? If not I'd have to
mash them.. with butter, of course.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London