Old 24-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Christopher

Default actinic lights

it gives the tank a more pleasing look, 40 of my 120W are actinic, even with
all powerglo's the tank looks yellow, now its very pleasing, I also have the
actinics and not the powerglo's turn on in the morning and evening for
sunrise/sunset

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Why do you want actinic lights? They are meant for reef tanks, and aren't
generally recommended for freshwater plants. Some people even think they

cause
algae.

You'd probably be better off posting this question to to a marine or reef
newsgroup. They're the ones who have experience with actinics.

Leigh