Old 06-01-2013, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default Would you buy a GMO houseplant that could really scrub your air of pollutants?

In article ,
Stuart Strand wrote:

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:34:43 PM UTC-8, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Stuart Strand wrote:

Dear David (and Billy),

Sorry to be delayed in replying. I wanted to give you a summary of

the latest research, so I had to bring myself up to speed with recent

meta-analyses of the growing home air pollution literature. Also the

holidays got in the way.

Anyway I have posted a short summary (pdf) with citations on the

SuperPothos website (in the Gallery tab), titled "Levels and risks of

indoor air pollutants"

thanks

http://d2oadd98wnjs7n.cloudfront.net...30102121643-Le
vels_of_indoor_air_pollutants.pdf?1357157806

This URL gives me a 403 error, security.

OK, sorry about the confusion. Two options:

1. Try this URL:
http://d2oadd98wnjs7n.cloudfront.net...2123743-Levels
_of_indoor_air_pollutants.pdf?1357159066

2. Go to the indiegogo website, click on the gallery tab and download the pdf
labeled "Levels_of_indoor_air_pollutants"

http://www.indiegogo.com/SuperPothos/x/1889244?c=home

It's a little confusing in that you seem to be suggesting at least two
products. One to remove benzene and chloroform. and another to remove
chloroform, benzene, carbon tetrachloride and styrene. What, no aldehyde
removal for our FEMA trailer homes? What are suggested levels for these
toxins, and what are their household levels typically? Yeah, I could
look it up, but you are the one doing the selling. Sell me.

A little quantification would also be nice. Compared to other house
plants, like a natural pothos, with equal surface areas, at STP, how
much time is required to remove a given amount of benzene, or
chloroform from the test area?

Do you realize that a cytochrome P450 2E1 enhanced tobacco plant would
be of little interest to gardeners (as a house plant?) because of the
mosaic tobacco virus? Removing chloroform, benzene, carbon tetrachloride
and styrene from the home environment is a desirable action, but
removing the sources of this contamination may be more practical.

Lastly, please don't try to dissuade Frank from smoking around open
containers of ether.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or