Old 24-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Emrys Davies

Default Cat scarer that works

'Peter',

What consideration have you given to your neighbour's cats and dogs as
the device will surely disturb their pleasure.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Peter James" wrote in message
There has been considerable discussion on this NG regarding cats, and
keeping them off our gardens.
I purchased a device called "Ca****ch", an electronic device that
floods the immediate area in which it is placed with ultra sonic
sound. Cats find this intolerable and avoid the area in which it is
working. That at least is the theory.
My garden is small, fenced on three sides with the house on the other
4th side, and surrounded by cat owning households, including two cats
next door. The garden is approximately 5 metres by 6 metres and rises
up gently from the back of the house.
The device is placed on the conservatory window at the same level as
the higher part of the garden. It works off a mains supply via a
step-down transformer, but can be 9volt battery operated. The mains
lead is at least 10 metres long which gives you plenty of latitude as
to where it can be placed. The device seems to have no effect on the
bird life, but we turn it off when our dog is in the garden as she
seems to be upset by it. But then her presence in the garden by day
is enough to keep the cats out anyhow.
If you want to get further details of this item then contact :-
Concept Research,
Carrington House
37 Upper King Street
Royston
Herts SG8 9AZ
Tel: 01763 254300.
The cost was £46 plus £12 for adaptor and transformer ,delivery and
vat extra.
Since installing this cat scarer we have seen so cats, no sign of
cats, no disturbance in our flower beds, and best of all no cat turds
littering the area. It does seem to work well, and I recommend it to
anyone with a similar size of garden to me.
I hasten to add that I have no connection with this firm, other than
as a very satisfied user.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply