Old 24-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] soil

Morning to All,
Colin,

I have for years based my bonsai soils on,

[1] Inorganic and [2] Organic.

Inorganic -
[a] Able to hold water within it self.
- example - crushed sifted red brick

[b] Able to hold water around itself.
example - crushed sifted quartz gravel.

[Neither of the above inorganic will decay or be
chemically eroded easily.Also easiest to obtain down
here in the West Indies/Caribbean].

Organic - can be - sifted compost or sifted manure.
Now testing the addition of some coco peat.
Able to retain moisture,but freely draining.

The above can be substituted for, with local ingredients.
You will have to talk to others around your area.
Sensitivity, to local climatic conditions is important,
and gain the experience from just growing trees long
before you begin to really train them.
Khaimraj
[ West Indies/Caribbean,
Sempre Spring Zone.]