Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:51:58 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

a risk of some wicked allergic reaction.

Hi Stormin,

I have a few red bubbly spots on me, but it's not too bad yet.
Mostly it's on my left wrist and right ankle and the back of my neck.
I'm very surprised my eyes don't itch since I kept getting chips caught
in my eye, and my camera & chainsaw have to be covered in urushiol too!

I cleaned the camera with rubbing alcohol (but I'm not sure if that
actually works) - but the strap needs cleaning somehow.

I've not yet reacted to poison ivy, but know friends
who are super sensitive.

I looked it up in gory detail. NOBODY is ever immune.

Eventually everyone gets it (unless they die first). It's like being in
war. Just because the first bullets didn't get you doesn't mean your cell
mediated immune reactions won't at some point kick in and the next one is
the one you regret.

Note: Actually, I'm told people with AIDS don't get it, but that's a
special case.

fire releases the poison into the air

Yes. I know. Inside your body, the immune reaction can kill you.

Wonder if the local municipality has chipper shredders to do this job?

I called the waste company - they just told me they won't take it.
Luckily I have a 4-inch chipper, but it's a royal pain getting anything
down the chute (I'm sorry I bought that loud monstrosity).