Old 08-01-2013, 08:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 07:56:54 -0800, DD_BobK wrote:

Brush cutter / mower.. (rotary lawn mower on steroids)
http://www.drpower.com/prdSell.aspx?Name=fab-sp-pro1
http://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/equipment.aspx?

itemid=0700067&catid=s446

Those are quite nice!

Cutting path across hill face much faster than a chain saw.

I do agree that a sideswipe along the isocline line of the steep hill is
the way to go because the main roots are six inches thick, and then they
branch out in one and two inch thick trunks.

When I cut a trunk, it feels good because I know I've killed a lot but
the problem is that the plant really fortresses those thick roots.

They're wholly surrounded by the thinner finger-thick and pencil-thick
vines such that you can't get near the main supply line without getting
soaked in urushiol.