Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 08:05:32 -0800, bob haller wrote:

i had great success on poision ivy by mixing 50% roundup with 50%
poision ivy killer... they wilted by the next morning and just died...
either seperately was not effective

Hi Bob,

Trust me, I tried the weed killer.

Every year I buy this 2.5 gallon concentrated (41%) glyphosate (which is
a huge amount considering you dilute it 2 ounces to 5 gallons of water):

Notice those gloves in that picture are the ones I used on Sunday and
they're already starting to show the black urushiol lacquer, which only
reveals itself a day later (or after washing), presumably as it oxidizes.

The problem is that you need a helicopter to get the weed killer on the
leaves. Sure, I can spray the entire front by the curb, but how do I get
the spray 10 or 20 feet deep and down the very steep hillside?

A pressure washer, filled with glyphosate, might do the trick though!