Old 08-01-2013, 10:35 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than witha chainsaw?

On 1/8/2013 3:24 PM, Danny D. wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 08:46:24 -0800, TimR wrote:

Roundup has worked fine for me. The plants take about a week to die,
but that gives time to get the poison through the system

Hi Tim,

Yes. The Roundup weed killer works.

I buy this concentrate for about $100

The problem with Roundup isn't that it doesn't work.

The problem is getting to the plant, which fortresses itself with 10 to
20 feet of vines, such that I can't get the roundup to the leaves.

The fact the poison oak, out here, is always on a steep hill, makes it
doubly hard to get the roundup to the leaves.

I'm thinking whether a pressure washer could work to throw the roundup
the necessary 20 feet, but I've only hooked my pressure washer to a
garden hose and never to a 25-gallon bucket of weed killer.

Have you tried 2,4D? It works on my poison ivy.