Old 08-01-2013, 11:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

I wonder if a backpack sprayer would do the job?
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-gallo...yer-65040.html

Less efficient, but a pressurized water fire extinguisher has some range.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/firea...amerex-240.jpg
I've owned several of these, over the years. 20 foot horizontal range is
possible.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"chaniarts" wrote in message

The problem is that you need a helicopter to get the weed killer on the
leaves. Sure, I can spray the entire front by the curb, but how do I get
the spray 10 or 20 feet deep and down the very steep hillside?

You might try a sprayer intended for fruit trees; long snorkel.

here in phx, they spray olive trees to prevent flowering. they use what
looks like truck mounted pressure sprayers with a very long hose and
wand so they can reach the top of the trees some 20-40' up.