Old 09-01-2013, 04:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 21:35:18 -0500, Nil wrote:

God, what a nightmare. I get an allergic reaction to poison ivy just
looking at it. Even looking at your pictures gives me itchy blisters.

Those things look malevolent, like they're aware of and looking to
catch and kill human beings.

Funny you should say that, because I treat it like a battleground!

I dress up in my protective gear, and I fuel and oil my weapon, and then
I survey my enemy, looking for the weak spots in his fortress.

As I attack, he reaches out at any bare skin with chemical warfare (1 cup
of urushiol can poison everyone on the entire planet!) and I coil back in
fear when it slaps me in the face.

But, while slashing away at the outliers, soon I spy the leadership, a
thick set of vines, each the thickness of a baseball bat, and I aim at
them as Alexander did Darias, to fight my way past the wounded weeping
tendrils guarding the lair, until I can get close enough to strike deep
and hard at the core!

In the end, I win, and hold up the bleeding trophy in my triumphant hands!

Note: The amount of urushiol you see dripping in that one picture can
poison the entire population of the planet, according to the prior
references! wow.