Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 18:29:51 -0800, TimR wrote:

the exposure sensitized me, and Wow!
next time I got close to some I needed medical attention.
Sooner or later I think your efforts are likely to have the same effect.

Nobody is immune to cell mediated immunity.

I was sensitized to poison ivy way long ago as a kid.
I get it as badly as anyone does.

Now that I'm in California, it's poison oak.
But it still itches like crazy.

When I get it on my skin, and I don't wash it off, I am red and yellow
blisters and itching for weeks on end. Just like you are.

The problem is exacerbated when you see how much oil is in a single plant!
Look at this video, for example, of a 3-inch thick vine I cut today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYcJslc6ymE

That's enough urushiol right there to poison every single human on the
planet! Talk about biological warfare!

PS: My camera is soaked in the stuff. I don't know how to clean it yet.