Old 09-01-2013, 05:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:22:22 -0500, Wes Groleau wrote:

Drinking the milk of goats that eat poison
oak tends to give you a partial immunity.

I wonder if it helps to be sensitized as a child to poison ivy (back
east) and then to be thoroughly exposed to poison oak (out west).

The only difference in the catechol oil urushiol is poison ivy urushiol
has a 15 carbon chain while poison oak urushiol has a 17 carbon chain.

But, slight differences, can sometimes make a huge difference in cell
mediated immune responses.

Note: I use free drillers bentonite instead of expensive ivy block; and I
use Dawn dishwashing liquid instead of $40/ounce Technu (only the
government can afford those prices!).

BTW, here's a dripping vine I cut today, the size of my wrist, just
dripping with urushiol!