Old 09-01-2013, 06:13 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:00:50 -0800, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Did you mark the bins so the disposal guys will be aware of the danger?

Actually, I had put a sign in Spanish & English on the green recycling
bins, but, then I called the waste management company to warn them, and
they told me they won't pick them up because they are a toxic waste
biohazard!

So, I ended up wistfully pulling all the mutilated Pacific Poison Oak
vines back OUT of the bins (which probably exposed me to more than
chainsawing them did!) ... and I carried the bleeding-black vines deeper
into the chaparral for safety sake, cursing the day I ever got the bright
idea of putting them into the recycling bins in the first place!

Lesson learned, the hard way!

Note: In the picture above, the black ring is a ring of oxidized urushiol,
which weeped clear, but then oxidized to a black laquer since Sunday.