Old 09-01-2013, 04:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 01:16:01 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 17:35:56 -0500, Frank wrote:

Have you tried 2,4D? It works on my poison ivy.

Hi Frank,
2,4D (aka Agent Orange) might work, especially if I could drop it out of
the sky like they did in Vietnam - which - is my real problem with weed
killers.

The poison oak plants I have are 20 feet long by something like 5 to 10
to 20 feet deep, so, there's just no way a normal weed killer sprayer is
going to go the distance.

Today I tried to see if I could get my pressure washer to suck out of the
5 gallon pesticide jug - but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Does anyone know how to get a pressure washer to spray the stuff?

Put it in the pressure washer's soap tank? Do any pressure washers
suck up the "soap" when they're running at pressure? Every one I've
seen will only draw from the tank when it's running very low pressure
(won't spray very far). OTOH, they do sell 20' extensions for
pressure sprayers.