Old 24-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Torsten Brinch

Default German GM wheat trials approved but site sabotaged

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:51:25 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:46:11 GMT, "David Kendra"
wrote:

I would suspect that the Syngenta wheat did not contain RR technology.

It
was a plant health/food safety trait.

Hello David, long time no see. Of course you are right,
it is a Fusarium resistance trait.

Jim Webster and Gordon Couger has just managed to show that
they do not know what they f... they are talking about.

I have no idea what the Syngenta wheat is

:-) Yeah, right, you don't have a clue.

but they all do cross license the technology. If you think about
it they snip

Grin. Give it up Gordon, Syngenta is not dealing in RR wheat.

As I understand their position it is that it is going to be
a tough one in any event to get any GM wheat on the market,
and that a GM wheat offering no product quality benefit (read:
Monsantos RR wheat) would be particularly handicapped. So,
Syngenta is not willing to go down that road with RR wheat
on their hand.

The window for spring planted wheat is pretty short compared
to winter wheat so if they just sow it with wheat and wait
until it was to late to replant it would have the desired effect.

Yes. Smart action, done by well-informed activists.