Old 09-01-2013, 04:29 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 06:15:46 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:01:52 -0800, Pat wrote:

They make cutters that mount on excavators look here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX66xyk0InQ

I WISH I had an excavator/cutter like that one!

There are similar cutters that mount on small tractors, that's how
roadway shoulders are cleared of heavy brush... they're called "flail
mowers". From your pictures it appears one could easily clear your
property down to stumps with a small tractor with a cab (for
protection) and a brush hog... my set up can clear your property an
acre an hour. Once cut treat the stubs with defolient, I'd use a hand
sprayer.