Old 24-04-2003, 12:32 PM

Default One wasp

Now that doesn't seem very likely. As a beekeeper, and having had
visitors
to my home in the past declare "those are bees?? - I thought those were
wasps" I do rather despair at many folks ability to distinguish in even a
very basic way between wasps, honey bees and solitary bees.

Having in the past been involved with bee-keeping, I do know the difference
between bees and wasps. I get both in my garden. The wasps come alone but
from the same direction. They fly over to my pond, land on a lily pad of
suchlike, have a drink them fly off back where they come from. They aren't
aggressive to me so I've left them alone. Live and let live.

Best,

- h