Old 10-01-2013, 07:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than witha chainsaw?

On 01-09-2013 01:05, Danny D. wrote:
Now, maybe the goats milk matters - because the immune system DOES work
the way you said it does (i.e., when exposed at the right time in the
immune system development, the immune system learns what is body and what
is foreign) - so I am NOT saying you're wrong ... I'm just cautioning
anyone from actually touching the stuff with bare hands on purpose!

TRUE--but many accidental exposures had appeared to confirm the goat's
milk hypothesis. So, being young and foolish, I assumed I was immune
and abandoned precautions. And got away with it.

When it was my son's turn to be young and foolish, he formed the
hypothesis that he could immunize himself by limited contact.
If you know where to look, you can still make out the scars.

The other thing to remember is that the oil is NOT on the outside
of the plant. Not outside the leaves, stem, berries, or root. But
it's inside all of them, so, you (and I) can pick it up (gingerly)
and nothing bad will happen.

Ah, I would question that as well. Before my resistance developed, the
slightest contact had severe effects.

By the way, some of that resistance has gone away over time.

--
Wes Groleau

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI