Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

It's all news, to me. I've heard of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide (and a
couple drops of soap) for skunk spray, but this urishol treatment, I've
never read or done anything.

I hope it works, and can help others.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Danny D." wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 22:22:27 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought you were going to spray it on the plants.

Naaah. I'm gonna spray me!

The side of my face has a rash, the back of my ears, my neck where the
camera strap was, and my wrists where the TIG welding gloves lifted up.

And how a drop or few of urushiol sap got on my ankle is a mystery to me
as I was wearing tall rubber boots.

After reading that patent, today I conjured up a triplet solution of 1/3
bleach (oxidizing agent), 1/3 rubbing alcohol (wetting agent), and 1/3
dish detergent (surfactant) and rubbed those spots for about five minutes
in a hot shower today. (Note: Yes, I've heard hot water 'opens the
pores', but I've never heard that urushiol enters via the pores, so I
don't see any good reason to take a cold shower.)

Hopefully that will help but, looking at the Zanfel ingredients:
http://www.empr.com/zanfel/drug/878/
What I really need to add is the spermicide and polyethylene granules!

Do you have any experience with spermicides & PEG?

I googled them and the spermicides seem to be something the lady folks
may know more about but which may be easy to buy at the drug store.

The polyethylene granules may have a common household substitute???