Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommendations for a 400-V shredder

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:28:30 AM UTC, shazzbat wrote:
"RUSSELL, Raymond" wrote in message

Hello all

I have looked at the FAQ page but the link for shredders appars to be
dead.

I used an ancient 230-V shredder for many years
but this finally fell apart beyond repair.
I have three-phase available and
assume a 380-V shredder would be a good replacement.

I wouldn't expect there to be a lot about. For home use everyone is going to
be using 240v, and the professionals are going to be using petrol or diesel,
so they can use it on sites.
Steve

I'm not up to speed with industrial shredders in that price bracket. Generally though if you want industrial kit at low prices, looking at very old kit can get you some remarkable deals, if you're not manufacturing with it. Used 3 phase stuff is especially cheap.

3 phase is usually 415v here, a 415v shredder should run fine on 380v, its only 8.4% less.

NT