Old 11-01-2013, 04:08 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:57:50 -0800, bob haller wrote:

the plants didnt get so large overnite. do you REALLY need access to
that land. this is one case where it might be better to just avoid the
area and ignore it.

Nope. That's the whole point. I don't have to clean up any of this poison
oak. So, I can take my time.

Basically, when I get in the mood for a good fight, I head down to the
ravine for battle. It's really more of a hobby to figure out how to
defeat the poison oak, to beat it at its own game - and not get rashed in
the process.

It has been a tough battle - but I've learned a lot in just the past few
days, so, eventually, I'll know the secret.

Today I talked to a pharmacist. I must have gotten a bad apple because
she kept telling me it's for women and that it won't work on the skin and
that it wasn't an "approved purpose".

I need to find a pharmacist who can actually think out of the box.
(It doesn't seem to be their specialty as all they do is follow the
rules.)