Old 11-01-2013, 06:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:25:40 -0700, chaniarts wrote:

i have a weed sprayer container that sucks via an venturi, that attaches
to a regular hose that will easily shoot 20' in a stream, or can be
adjusted to spray in a fan. it only cost a few dollars at the borg.

Thanks for the picture of that weed sprayer.
It appears to use a garden hose as part of the apparatus?

I mentioned somewhere in this thread that this infestation of poison oak
starts something like 400 or 500 feet from the house (I haven't meaured
it but it's easily a football field away), and goes for a few hundred
feet further in the downhill direction.

It's not impossible to handle 500 feet of garden hose (I probably have
just about that much already) ... it's not the easiest approach.

Personally I'm looking for a more portable solution for the mountain
folks like me who have hilly acreage.