Old 11-01-2013, 09:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:48:26 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:34:52 -0600, NamPhong wrote:

once had one that required a very open nozzle to be attached to the wand
to suck the correct cleaning solution from a container but without the
maximum pressure.

One question.

Since the typical use would be to add detergent to the hose water that is
sprayed out, can we suck ONLY from the container?

Or do we still need to hook the garden hose to the sprayer?

Still need the hose. AIUI, the pressure washer uses a venturi too
pull the soap out of the container. Without water the pump would
probably overheat, too. The water is a coolant as well as a
lubricant.

(The reason I ask is that the area it's needed is hundreds of feet from
the nearest garden hose spigot.)

Hundreds of feet of hose? ;-)