Old 11-01-2013, 09:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:33:46 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:32:19 -0800, Oren wrote:

I'm not aware of any sprayer that will work without the garden hose.

Ah. Thanks (and to others who said this too).

I 'could' hook up a few hoses (I bought a few of the gray Costco 3/4"
"industrial" 100-foot hoses a couple of years ago.

They're actually crummy hoses (they kink too much compared to rubber),
but they're long. I'd only need four of them but in reality, I was
looking for a more portable solution once I'm down there, in the ravine,
surrounded by the poison oak.

Test the sprayer near the house with just one hose. Use a homer
bucket for a soapy water... see if the venturi siphon is / starts
working.

I suspect that is why the tube is clear, so you can actually tell by
visual observation.