Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Good lucK David

Farm1 wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
Well David, we've had the automated call from the RFS about
catastrophic conditions tomorrow so will leave here early tomorrow.
I hope all is OK for you and yours and from the maps I've seen you
might be in a better position than where we are.

Take care and stay safe and hopefully I'll be back reading once
tomorrow's foul conditions are over.

Fran

Are you home yet? How are things?

Yes, we are home again and only spent the one night away. Dunno how
anyone can live in a town and that night put us off ever moving back
to one till we are ready for a nursing home.

amen

Things are OK here but it's still hot and extremely dry and the
helicopters are still going overhead with the water balls underneath.
I doubt that we'll have any problems unless the wind changes
direction and starts to really blow like it did the other day.

Even then we have the most important things still packed and near the
door nearest the cars and, as I said to the Butcher this morning, if
the house burns down its really just a form of extreme decluttering.

But I sure do wish it'd rain.

How 'bout you?

No local fires but getting smoke from one about 50km away, enough to fire up
the asthma. Very hot and dry, most fruit trees have dropped their fruit.
When my ship comes in I will have irrigation to every tree in the orchard,
until then I can't keep up with them when we have too many 35-43C days with
hot winds. The BOM says many parts of the Hunter are heading for 45C today.
I am keeping the water up to the veges, we did a bottling run of tomatoes
yesterday and more soon.