Old 12-01-2013, 02:56 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 18:28:22 -0800, Oren wrote:

The operator's manual will tell that when you look at the book, right?

Hi Oren,

I'd consult the manual I had it.

I can, of course, google for it (or something similar), and, I can ask
Cosco - I think that's where I bought it - for the company name, but, I
didn't try all that hard simply because I 'suspected' I need to drag four
hundred feet of garden hose - which - isn't really all that useful.

Plus, I won't be spraying a huge swath, 20 feet to 50 feet deep without
the leaves berrys being on the vine, as I'd be wasting my time.

In addition, I DO plan on spraying what I cut as I learned from this
thread that I MUST spray within five minutes (before the sap reverses),
but, for that, since it was just cut, I should have access with the hand
sprayer.

So, there is no rush on figuring out HOW the sprayer works.

On a different note ... I put the camera strap in the bleach wash:

I was surprised. I had expected it to come out WHITE (I used a LOT of
pool chlorine - which is double strength of normal chlorine).

That strap came out better than new.

In addition, the camera is now fully swabbed down with the 1:1:1 mixture
of oxidizer + wetting agent + surfactant ... so let's hope the wife &
kids don't come down with the itchies in the next week!