Old 28-02-2003, 02:30 AM
Gene Schurg

Default To all Paph sanderianum growers

Tom,

Now that I understand better that you want to keep a couple of compots warm
and humid I was thinking maybe you could invest in a 10 gallon aquarium.

I was thinking you could put small stones or egg crate on the bottom and
have some water in the bottom to keep the humidity high. A small clip on
fan would keep the air moving. Heat could be supplied by the heating mat.

If you did it right it wouldn't be too ugly either.

Gene

"Elpaninaro" wrote in message
I'd do bottom heat instead - get one of those seedling heating mats. I
think it's going to be hard to get local heat otherwise. So you're

planning
to air condition your place in Houston then if you heat it up with a

space
heater, it will be VERY dry.

Now this is why I love this newsgroup. Thanks to you and Gene and others

who
have suggested this option. I never thought of it!

Thanks too for the sponge rock definition. Now I know what to go in search

of.

Take care,

Tom.