Old 12-01-2013, 05:52 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 15:53:21 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 08:00:04 -0600, NamPhong wrote:

pressure washers use 1.8 gallons per minute so you would need
a 55 gallon drum to give you any spray time at all

I had not realized this.

Thank you for the additional information!

At this point, we've confirmed that the pressure washer ONLY
works from the hose in the practical sense, so I'd simply
need a very long hose.

I'd not apply defolient with a pressure washer, that would be very
wasteful, most would end up on the ground... apply with a hand
operated squirt bottle to the cut stems only... I have a battery
operated spray bottle (two AA cells) that works very well, adjusts
from a spray to a stream. Most folks apply far more defoliant than
necessary... in your case I would cut and spray immediately as I go. I
actually bought this for spraying Japanese beetles with Sevin, did the
job... I got mine from Lowe's.
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-MotoMi...y+spray+bottle