Old 12-01-2013, 07:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:57:03 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Do you have any experience with spermicides & PEG?

I found some great sources of glycol ethers.

According to the patents I've been reading, the glycol ethers are
non-ionic surfactants that do two very good things UNDER your top
layers of skin:

a) They bind to the Langerhans dendritic skin cell's quinol receptors
... and, better yet ...
b) They displace any quinols already bound to those receptors!

What this means is that the spermicide glycol eithers both prevent
poison oak uptake, and they reverse the uptake that has already occurred!

Those are pretty neat accomplishments!

That means, therefore, that the previous ingredients are good
but that the secret sauce is the glycol ether.

Since spermicide creams are just as artificially expensive as poison-oak
creams, it behooves us to find a readily available household source
for household glycol ethers, e.g., nonyl phenyl ethoxylate or 2-butoxyethanol.

Here are some a friend in the lab chemical business found for me:
compare.ebay.com/like/120972243205?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes& var=sbar
compare.ebay.com/like/300775144561?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes& var=sbar
amazon.com/dp/B008V60Y2E/ref=asc_df_B008V60Y2E2234299?smid=APLTX8IIKQ3DF&ta g=nextagusmp0424450-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B008V 60Y2E"
www.amazon.com/dp/B008DX4AY8/ref=asc_df_B008DX4AY82314718?smid=APLTX8IIKQ3DF&ta g=nextagusmp0424450-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B008D X4AY8"
www.alibaba.com/showroom/2--butoxyethanol.html
parentables.howstuffworks.com/health-wellness/chemist-mom-explains-2-butoxyethanol.html