Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:41:44 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:52:43 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:

I'd not apply defolient with a pressure washer, that would be very
wasteful, most would end up on the ground... apply with a hand
operated squirt bottle to the cut stems only... I have a battery
operated spray bottle (two AA cells) that works very well,

This is very useful information, which, coupled with the suggestion by
others to spray in the first five minutes after cutting, is a good
one:two punch.

I had never realized there are battery-operated sprayers.

Mine is the classic hand pump operated as shown in this pictu

There are battery operated sprayers that are much larger capacity than
the bottle I showed, but I think for what you're doing the small
bottle is more than adequate.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...ery%2Bsprayers
http://www.amazon.com/BareGround-Bat...ttery+sprayers