Old 12-01-2013, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Happy Birthday, Sacha!

On 2013-01-12 11:56:43 +0000, Derek Turner said:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:32:17 +0000, Sacha wrote:

However, on a visit to Normandy some years ago, a very chauvinistic
Frenchman practically adopted me because, among a crowd of English, I
was a Jersey woman and therefore almost Norman!

No almost about it, Sacha. When ever I'm asked in Britanny and Normandy
where I've come from I always add 'Normandie Libre' to 'Ilse de Jersey'
and it never fails to raise a smile. And I'm only an incomer

Whenever we have guests from England I point out to them that 'we' were
on the winning side in the battle of Hastings!

La Reine Notre Duc! Yes, I know it's not 'official' but plenty of
older Jersey people stick with it!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon