Old 13-01-2013, 12:18 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_3_] Danny D.[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 15:59:58 -0800, Bob F wrote:

Isn't that an advertised ingredient of pimple cream?

The glycol ether is supposedly a biocide, so, it might be.

It's the most important component of the detox solution because
it will do two jobs deep in the dermis at the Langerhans layer.
1. It binds to the urushiol receptor
2. It swaps places with urushiol already bound to the receptor

So, it behooves me to find a good source for the glycol ether.

It matters which one I choose because the shorter chain glycol
ethers are known to cause testicular degeneration (whatever that
is - but it doesn't sound good).

I haven't chosen which glycol ether yet, as my choice is either
the nonyl phenyl ethoxylate commonly known as nonoxyl-9, or the
longer-chain butyl variant (111-76-2) known as 2-Butoxyethanol.

I'm still reading up on this so that's why I haven't chosen
which glycol ether to use yet.