Old 13-01-2013, 10:16 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

Must have resonated well. This is the largest number of
exclaimation points I've seen in this thread!!!!!!

I guess calling in the Air Force to practice with napalm
has been ruled out?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Danny D." wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:26:28 -0800, TimR wrote:

Instead, cut tunnels and spray from your tunnels.
Each year widen the tunnels and add connecting passages

This is actually a VERY GOOD attack plan!

It would work. And, it doesn't require a huge spraying effort.

I think that's what I'll do.

The beauty of the tunnels is that these are VINES.

The weak link on a huge vine is merely to slice it near
the bottom.

If I cut a path, that kills a LOT of cross-connecting vines!

If I cut a cross, that kills ALMOST ALL the vines at one point.

Nice idea!

Then, as you said, widening is easy, year by year.

I have the time to kill the vine!

I love innovative ideas that make sense! This one makes sense!