Old 13-01-2013, 05:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 05:34:28 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:22:28 -0800, Bob F wrote:

I would also suspect that a 400' garden hose might not leave you much
pressure at the end, either for a garden hose end sprayer, or maybe even
for a pressure washer.

Good point!

I'd worry more about having the physical strength to drag 400' of
garden hose about, on uneven ground 100' of hose filled with water is
heavy and difficult to maneuver... and you'll end up stretching the
hose causing permanent damage. I once made the mistake of buying
eight 100' lengths of 5/8" garden hose because it was on sale at
Lowe's, thought it a good way to water some young trees I planted
around my property, NOT! Even on level ground I could barely drag two
lengths. I ended up filling several 5 gallon contractor buckets and
hauling them in a wagon attached to my tractor. There's good reason
those hose reels only have a capacity of about 150'. A garden hose
filled with water is quite heavy... empty hose is even more difficult
to drag about, it twists and kinks. Those silly light weight hoses
shown on TV of late are a bad idea, dragging them in more then a 25'
length filled with water will ruin them immediately.