Old 13-01-2013, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Potatoes for roasting.

"Martin" wrote
If you don't know what they use and you only have the word for an old
farmer for it, why be horrified?

If you are not happy with your supermarket potatoes change
supermarkets. Not all supermarkets sell potatoes like you have bought.

Because I trust him, and although he may have got the chemicals mixed up he
is not wrong about the use of chemicals to remove the hulms, those that they
do use are not much better, certainly the one Janet mentioned is not nice
either according to what I've just read.

We have tried potatoes form three shops so far and all are the same. That
includes a Farm Shop that buys in potatoes.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.