Old 14-01-2013, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Potatoes for roasting.

"Janet" wrote
Because I trust him, and although he may have got the chemicals mixed up
he
is not wrong about the use of chemicals to remove the hulms, those that
they
do use are not much better, certainly the one Janet mentioned is not nice
either according to what I've just read.

What have you read about it?

http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Actives/glufosin.htm

which does not fill me with joy about it.

We have tried potatoes form three shops so far and all are the same. That
includes a Farm Shop that buys in potatoes.

They are perhaps all buying from the same wholesale supplier in your
area.. who stored them at the wrong temp.

I doubt that Sainsbury's and the Coop buy from the same place as Lyne Farm
Shop so it appears to be general in this area. We will try others.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.