Old 15-01-2013, 10:35 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"Martin" wrote

It can't be the chemicals that cause the problems in your potatoes,
otherwise they would have been like that for years and everybody would
be getting the same problem with bought potatoes.

Why can't it be the chemicals? One mentioned causes ammonia in the plant,
does that not affect the product? However I'm now thinking it is the way
they are stored after cleaning, too cold.
the link I posted suggested that there was a growing tendency to move away from chemical shoot suppressants to colder storage.