Old 16-01-2013, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default staying online whilst no access to computer

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:14:02 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I am staying at a friend's house to help her with her garden in a couple
of months but I really would like to stay online if I can.

She doesn't have the Internet (long story) - is there a way I could buy
something to plug into, say, my laptop so I could go on.

Otherwise, you could get what you want for free if you have wireless
networking on the computer. Go to somewhere like a Starbucks or some local
government buildings like a library and you can often get a free wireless
connection. If you don't have wireless built in you can get a usb adapter
for that too for a few quid from PC World or the like. Or you could pay for
an hour at an Internet cafe and use one of their computers to do the same.

Do let us know how it goes
--

Is the friends house isolated or are there neighbours?
If so one of them may have a wifi signal that reaches.