Old 17-01-2013, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Anti Mole Bulbs

"Janet" wrote in message

If you were a gardener.. or had a mole invasion.. you'd try anything.
Allium moly are one of the cheapest commonly available bulbs on the
market, so no reason not to give it a go.

Does seem a bit daft to buy Sork bulbs @ £13 for 10 when you can buy 100
'mixed Allium' from T & M for £15.

On the allotment for the last couple of years, I grew Nasturtium as an
accompanying plant, to keep the butterflies off the brassicas and it's
worked quite well. They do self-seed, but as you know, the leaves are quite
distinctive, so easy to weed them out.

Rather than go for the mixed Allium, google revealed these from C Plants:-
http://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/bul...id.2000017390/
I may start a couple of dozen in the cold-frame and transfer some to the
garden. Hmm suddenly the mixed are sounding more attractive