Old 17-01-2013, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Anti Mole Bulbs

In article ,
The Original Jake wrote:

I used this type of trap which kills rather than traps live.

http://www.primrose.co.uk/mole-claw-...ml?src=cat_box

The page has a link to instructions showing where and how to place the
trap. The handles will indicate if it has been sprung.

A lot of people equate a lot of mole hills to a lot of moles! But
apart from the mating season, they tend to be territorial and an
invader will often end up in a fight to the death between it and the
resident! Anything around 10 mole hills is likely to represent a
single mole.

If it's feasible, lowering the soil pH can help - the lower pH tends
to discourage earthworms which, in turn, discourages moles who find no
food. Of course, all the organic matter dug into veg patches and
allotments encourages worms.

You may well find, as I did, that catching 1 or 2 moles is the end of
your problem.

Thanks very much Jake - v. useful; and - as you say - a good guide to
setting the trap, on that web page.

John