Old 17-01-2013, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default OT - these are my principles; if you don't like them I have others

On 17 Jan 2013 16:12:07 GMT, "David.WE.Roberts"
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:54:46 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

At the moment this appears to apply to local Met Office weather
forecasts.

Not long ago today was to be sunny and clear (it still is). The forecast
was revised to show light snow from 09:00, heavy snow showers at 12:00,
and heavy snow at 15:00.

Still no sign of snow, but the rain radar shows a load of precipitation
popping into existence just off the coast to the East and North.

So I have some sympathy - the forecast is probably out by about 5 miles
- but it just goes to show you can't really rely on local forecasts at
the moment.

Usually, with the weather coming from the West, the predictions are
pretty good and sometimes amazingly accurate.

However, not today.

Just started snowing a bit.
Meanwhile the forecast has changed again to light snow today and tomorrow.
Probably means a blizzard is on the way. :-(
Oh, and East coast in Suffolk.

Cheers

Dave R

Ooooh eck! Here in South Wales we have a red alert! This means we are
guaranteed to have something between 2mm and 30cm of snow in the next
24 hours.

No doubt those places that get 30cm will be used to, and ready for, it
and will carry on as near normally as possible.

Those with a projected 2mm will probably start panic buying everything
this evening. Buses will be taken off the roads in the interests of
public safety, trains will stop running because the drivers cannot see
if there are any leaves on the tracks.

And I suppose I won't get any weeding done

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.