Old 17-01-2013, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Anti Mole Bulbs

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 20:40:12 UTC, Bertie Doe wrote:
Moles are on the rampage across the allotments and they're becoming a PITA.

There's a very effective remedy called SORK, which are organic bulbs, grown

in Sweden, the smell of which, deters the pests.

They're hellish expensive at £13 for 10 bulbs. They do last for 2 years,

which suggests that they are sterilised before sale. It would also

discourage folk from raising there own seed.

Does anyone know what's the plants name? I'd like to get hold of some seed,

but googling hasn't helped.

Forget 'moleproof' bulbs (I don't believe it anyway) Get mole traps, the tunnel type, not the scissors type and learn how to set them. Very cheap and effective.

Rod