Old 18-01-2013, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bert bert is offline

Default OT - these are my principles; if you don't like them I have others

In message , Granity
writes

David.WE.Roberts;976811 Wrote:
At the moment this appears to apply to local Met Office weather
forecasts.

Not long ago today was to be sunny and clear (it still is).
The forecast was revised to show light snow from 09:00, heavy snow
showers

at 12:00, and heavy snow at 15:00.

Still no sign of snow, but the rain radar shows a load of precipitation

popping into existence just off the coast to the East and North.

So I have some sympathy - the forecast is probably out by about 5 miles
-

but it just goes to show you can't really rely on local forecasts at the

moment.

Usually, with the weather coming from the West, the predictions are
pretty

good and sometimes amazingly accurate.

However, not today.

Cheers

Dave R

Are you taking the quoted probability into account? We have 36hrs of
light snow forecast for Friday/Saturday but it's probability of it
happening is only less than 60%. Look at the met office forecast site
here, you'll need to set for where you live:

http://tinyurl.com/crtrep8

--
Granity

Which in my view makes it a pointless forecast but one for which the met
office can always claim accuracy.
--
bert