Old 19-01-2013, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Winter caulis in Polytunnel?

On 18/01/2013 19:57, Trevor Appleton wrote:
I have previously (for 10 years ) only grown Spinach in my poly in the
winter, but this year I planted spring cabbage and broad beans, and they
are all looking really healthy. The beans are about a foot high. I was
wondering if anyone had grown cauliflowers in a polytunnel in the winter
and they could share their experience.

Trevor
Kirkburn
East Yorkshire
(5 years away from usenet due to lack of Outlook Express but have
discovered Windows Mail - and I thought it was just for mail!!)

I suspect that few have tried to grow caulies under glass or polythene
over winter because of the space they take up, if you have spare space
then give it a try, look for a small variety of winter cauliflower, they
will have to be sown around May, planted into the tunnel end of
June/July so will be taking up space fpr a lot of the time you would
want the room for other crops.
I wouldn't bother